Sunday, April 28, 2013

Scrap Basket Sunday

My Scrap Basket Sunday is a bit pitiful today!  But I'm happy to participate because I'm hoping it will motivate me to get a move on some of these scrappy projects I have started and never finished.  One of those projects is my Crabapples quilt from Bonnie Hunter's book, Adventures with Leaders and Enders.


I began cutting out all these tiny squares about a year ago...shortly after Bonnie came to visit my quilt guild.  I was really motivated when I began cutting them.  I can't remember if I had cut all the fabric to make this quilt but I'm pretty sure there are enough squares here for all of the blocks!


It looks like so much but it is nothing compared to all of my scraps.  Here's a photo of my two scrap bins.  I cleaned up my sewing area yesterday and tried to put all of my piles of scraps into one area.


I told you I had a lot of scraps!  This isn't everything either...this was just the stuff I was motivated to actually put INTO the scrap bin.  Lol*  I did find a lot of fun scraps that I hadn't seen in a while though, that is always so fun!  I love to reminisce about the projects from when I first began quilting.  I tried to count in my head the other day how many quilts I've made - now not all of them were large bed sized quilts, but lap quilts, baby quilts, things I've sold, things I've given, quilts I've kept...it has to be somewhere around 100 quilts.


It was fun to play in the scraps today and I'm thankful to Kim over at Kim's Big Quilting Adventure for hosting our Scrap Basket Sundays.  It been so much fun to hop around blogland and see what others are working on...and it inspires me to make more quilts!


9 comments:

Diane said...

I've made that quilt from Bonnie's book (and few others) and it was so fun! I know you are going to love the results, just have fun, and it will be finished before you know it. By the way, your scraps are impressive! lol

Cathy said...

Wow, all those scraps! I think you need a few more scrap projects. I like the crabapple trees; great scrap project.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Now that I see your trees - hmm, somewhere I have a pile of those waiting for sashing and settings! I am 'pruning' up one of my large scrap totes over the next couple of days.

Kim said...

Oh, that looks like a fun scrap project too! I've gotten so many good ideas from visiting other quilters on Scrap Basket Sunday that I can see I'll be playing with scraps for a long, long time!

Sewing Junkie said...

Oh Honey Don't come to my house I have 4 times as many scraps. They multiply too. This will be a neat quilt when you get it done. Have fun with it. Chris

Anonymous said...

What a lovely block made from scraps

Aunt 'Reen said...

I love this beautiful scrappy block! Your quilt is going to be gorgeous!

Zlaty said...

Good progress, they are looking good! I had a chance to meet Bonnie and just wrote about it on my blog! Such a treat!

Happy sewing!

Bob and Diana said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as Scrappy Sunday for Quilters. Too bad there isn't a Scrappy Saturday for woodworkers to use up their wood scraps. --Dad