Saturday, April 20, 2013

Scrap Basket Sunday on Saturday

I'm linking up again with Kim from Kim's Big Quilting Adventure for her Scrap Basket Sunday project.  I actually made this a little earlier in the week but this is all from my scrap bin and what I made!  I've been trying to make a lot of little projects to help fund making some crafts for craft shows this fall.  My youngest is finally getting to an age I think I could tote her along with me.


The back is actually a re-purposed plaid shirt.  I used polyester batting too because I love that puffy quilting look.


I really need to try and make something bigger with my scraps!  I still don't have a quilt for my bed, but in my own defense we do have a King - so that's gonna be a really big quilt.  LOL*  I think after the bazillion projects I have in progress I might start on that.  :)

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the mix of color as well as the break in colour within the quilt.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Very cute and nicely quilted! Just the thought of making all the blocks needed for a king sized quilt stops me cold... I have a cuddle quilt for reading or a nap instead!

Aunt 'Reen said...

What a darling little quilt! I love the colors you used for this.
Reminder for some - these little quilts use just as many pieces as the bigger size ones. Just tinier. ;)
Congratulations on a wonderful finish!

JoAnne said...

I love making small quilts! There is nothing wrong with that! I just completed a king size quilt for our bed and it took awhile. Luckily I had it long-armed and then I machine sewed the binding. I am your new follower. I really like your blog!

Donna said...

I love the your puffy quilting look. Lovely little quilt.

Kim said...

I like the way you've used your scraps to make what's almost a color study--or at least a study in using lights and darks and their effect. Cool!

Teatime Creations said...

What a sweet little quilt.