Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Refinished Lazy Susan

I'm SO happy with how this turned out, I had to share!  The only mistake I made was I used Mod Podge to seal this, and it was the same mixture I had used on the grubby candles...so there were little bits of cinnamon and nutmeg mixed in, and it left sort of a grainy feel on the lazy susan.  I'm going to use it more for decoration than function so I don't mind, but next time I'll mix up a fresh batch.

Here is the AFTER:


The BEFORE (well, after a light sanding):


This was one of my first refinish projects that actually turned out great!!!  I have refinished my kitchen cabinets before but I didn't seal them with anything - DUH!!!  I just didn't know you had to do that!  So I'm going to repaint them (I do this about every couple of months because without anything to seal them they get banged up quickly) and seal them.  My cupboards are black so I might add some of those awesome star appliques to a couple of them to tie in the theme too.

Next order of business is to sand and paint these chairs black.  I'm going to pick up a small can of paint sealer this weekend first.


My kitchen table legs will be painted too - and I think I'm just going to keep a cover over the table.  We have these AWFUL green tiles on top that I HATE!  I'm going to look this summer for a wooden top table at the sales and thrift shop.

OH - added these to the Etsy Shop...didn't they turn out great???!!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been the busy one!! Energizer Bunny, to be more specific! Really like the "lazy Susan"!! Hugs, Doreen

Unknown said...

I find your concept to be innaresting. It is fancy in all its simplicity. Keep doing what you do best!
Ed of RetroLazySusy.com