Saturday, April 13, 2013

Scrap Basket Sunday - on Saturday

  I am linking up over at Kim's Big Quilting Adventure for her Scrap Basket Sundays.  But...on Saturday.  Lol*  Well Saturday for me anyhow.  The Husband is off on Sundays so usually it's our family day, our grocery day, our do whatever we have to do because we couldn't fit it in during the rest of the week day.

Here's a little shot of what I'm working on...from the scrap bin...


...I'm in the middle of quilting it.  This one is also being quilted on the domestic.  I have two quilts waiting to be quilted and one that should be on it's way so the long arm is a bit tied up.  I wanted to squeeze in this runner I'm making from orphan blocks that were tossed into my never ending overflowing scrap bins.

I'm not kidding.  My scrap bins are taking over the house...


...this isn't even the half of it.  I have about four of these.  Eeep.  Just think of how much money in fabric is probably sitting in those bins.  I used to do block swaps so I have a few random blocks here and there that I didn't make and then I came across these that I did make...squished and tossed down in the bin.


I thought I might add some borders to it, quilt it up and put it on Etsy.  I think I had planned on making a whole quilt of these but I'm easily distracted.  Small projects suit me best!


Anybody remember that blue star fabric that was all the rage at one time?  I threw what had to be 3/4's of a yard of that in the scrap bin too.  I don't know if I thought it would come out of the bin all sewn up for me or what.  LOL*  It goes together well and fulfills my need to use up scraps...though I didn't even make a dent.

The daughters are being quiet which is a leaving me a little suspicious.  Chores are waiting for me so off I go. I would love to finish this up today...cross your fingers.  :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love that 'navy+tan block' on this post! So attractive!

msstitcher1948@yaho.com

Patty C. said...

Love it!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, keep playing in those orphans/scraps. You will be so surprised what inspires.

Aunt Marti said...

Oooh, Valerie, thanks for reminding me I need to make basket quilts for my Round Robin project! Love the RWB!

Donna said...

Pretty scraps! I love the baskets.

Teatime Creations said...

basket blocks are cute.

Kim said...

I don't have anything nearly as great as those blocks in my scrap bins! LOL! What a great runner you're ending up with--and in plenty of time for the summer, 4th of July, Memorial Day, and all those other red, white, and blue occasions. Beautiful quilting too!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Love your runner... isn't it great to rescue those pretties and put them to use!