Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Custom Quilted Baby Quilt

This is what I've been working on the last two days - a baby quilt for Laura's Grand-baby.  I tried to make it special without going so fancy that Mommy would be afraid to use it.  She pieced together an adorable print with a coordinating blue border...the print is characters from that nursery rhyme, "Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle..."  You know the one!  I tried to incorporate items from the panel into the quilting, so I chose a spoon, clouds, and a moon...


Laura was very happy with this and I tell you it made my day.  She has to be the best customer ever...she is so easy to chat with, gets back with me right away, and gives me permission to play!!!






I had originally wanted to do straight lines to fill out the scallops but I was afraid it would make the quilt too stiff so I picked this wishbone quilting instead... I think that's what it's called!  I think it is just right because it looks sort of lacy but not too girly.


Between marking scallops and quilting this took me about a day and a half of working just about all day long!  Needless to say I have laundry piled to the ceiling and we've resorted to the kids eating cereal out of cups.  I suppose I should do some of those dishes...thank you again Laura for entrusting me with another of your beautiful quilts!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Love it, can't wait until it comes home!!!