Sunday, June 3, 2012

Thrift Treasures and Yard Sale Finds

I'm back!  Good morning!  Yesterday was our yard sale day.  In this area, Friday is the BIG day, when all the good sales are open and usually the busiest day.  Isn't that funny?  My Husband teases, "doesn't anybody work on Friday around here?"  HE works on Fridays.  Boo.  :(  Anyhow we went on Saturday so we got the pick of what was left from the Friday rush.  Sometimes that's good, sometimes not so much.  Today it was good.  :)  I found these little goodies for decorating.

Lighthouses!


This one is my favorite.  Awfully dusty here, but you can put a little light inside of it.  I think I have one of those Christmas house lights around here somewhere to put inside.  I'll have to go digging. 


A rusty old grater.  I like old kitchen things.  This will look cute somewhere in the kitchen. 


Then I found this tree thingy.  I don't know what it is!  It's a little dusty and needs some love too.  I like it though, it's very country prim-ish and I think it will be cute.


Cleaned everything up and put them in the bathroom...oh cute!  I think I'm going to do a prim/country nautical theme in there.  I'm a happy girl.  :)


Oh I almost forgot this little lighthouse sign I ofund.  Hung this over the long sign...which is pretty old and worn and might need replacing soon.  :)


Alright I'm headed off I think.  Must do some more cutting for my Bonnie Hunter quilt.  Ran to Walmart yesterday and I bought some green fabric for my chains because I just didn't have enough in my stash.  I don't know about your Walmart but ours has kept the fabric and even increased it.  It's about doubling in size, and I'm thrilled!  I even found some great reproduction feedsacks.  They have gotten in some great quality fabric too.  I can't wait to buy some and try it out!  If I find time I'll post pictures of what I bought...right now it's in the dryer...  :)

1 comment:

Melzie said...

Very nice yardsale finds! Our walmart has ZERO fabric, none at all.
xoxo melzie