Sunday, June 24, 2012

BEFORE and AFTER - More Budget Quilting - Shirts to Scraps


How fun was this!  I cut up six shirts that I paid about $11 bucks for and look at all the fabric I was able to get from them for sewing!  This is WAY fun.  Oh my.  I have so many ideas now.  Oh - and look at the waste pile -


Not much wasted!  I got a ton of fabric...wow!  Now today I hit the remnant bins at a JoAnn's about an hour from home.  The remnants are discounted 50% off, but today they were on sale for an additional 50% off.  I bought three half yard cuts of an old April Cornell line that was also 50% off the already discounted price, and the rest were good finds from the remnant bin...and my total today came to $17 (well $16 and change).  Can you belive the DIFFERENCE in how much fabric I got from shirts, and how much fabric I bought ON SALE from the bolt?


Boy does this get my gears going.  Makes me realize how much money I'm throwing out the window on new fabric.  I don't mind spending money on fabric that I LOVE...but if I take my time and am more choosey I can get a lot more for less. 

Anyhow, busy weekend.  Yard sale, running LOTS and LOTS of errands.  Girls are signed up for another year of cheerleading.  Husband starts his new job tomorrow.  Fingers and toes are crossed for him.  Hopefully I'll be able to steal away a little time to fninsh up my crow mini.

1 comment:

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Great idea!!!! I always forget about buying shirts for fabric.