Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Jared Takes a Wife Progress and Shopping

Doesn't this fabric SCREAM Moda?

Well...it's not, it's Old Navy.  Hahaha, bought more shirts today.  White tags at Goodwill were 50 cents and they had four colors 50% off at Salvation Army.  Woohoo!  We spent $12 and came home with seven shirts.


The light and "girly" colors are for my daughters quilts.  My oldest daughter is making a quilt from the book Nickel Quilts by Pat Speth and Charlene Thode.  It's called Millenium Star.  She is going to do blue's and greens for her quilt, and my youngest I'm going to make a simple four patch quilt with pinks, greens, blues, and "fun" kid colors.  :)  I love that they are getting excited about this project.  We walked all over the thrift shops today and my daughters kept pulling shirts off the rack saying, "this one Mom?"  It was a lot of fun.  My oldest is 10 so she can read well and is tall enough to look through the racks and look for the fabric content.  We had a bit of a time with my 6 year old though because she doesn't understand the difference between cotton and cotton knit!  In the end everyone, including Mom, came home with some fabric so, all is again right with the world.  :)


My leader and ender blocks (above) are getting pretty full too.  I have gone back and forth with what I'm going to do with these.  I had thought about a really fun yet complicated applique quilt...but you know what?  I'm a seriously exhausted Mother of three.  I think I'm gonna keep it pretty simple.  Another quilt in my Nickel Quilts book is popping out at me, it's called Morning Star.  Well, mine will be a variation of that, but I have some white fabric in my stash that I can use for the stars and I'll just use more scraps for all the bricks that are needed to make it.  I'd really really REALLY like for it to be big enough to put on my bed.  I keep saying "oh THIS will be my bed quilt" or "THAT ONE will be my bed quilt" but, still, no quilts on my bed.  THIS ONE WILL BE MY BED QUILT, and I mean it this time.  :)

Oh and I'm making good headway on my Jared Takes a Wife quilt.  I have about 20 blocks finished, but, oops.  I didn't cut enough black for my arrowheads.  I am totally out of good black fabric too...but luckily one of the shirts I bought today is a nice black that I think will really match the fabric in this so...I'll just have about ten stars with the same black fabric in them.  LOL* 


I don't know what possessed me to take a picture of my messy little sewing corner...but I did.  I usually have that little table with my sewing machine on it parked behind the sofa so I can watch the kids and sew.  I moved it out of the way to clean though - it's a TIGHT squeeze back there!  If I had the camera to the other side of the room you would see my fabric stash, a cutting table, and two french doors.  I have to rearrange this somehow so I can function, I just haven't done it yet.  Ugh.  More THINGS to do. 

I think I need a few more books.  :)

Our dog Smokey likes to lay on the tile when I'm in here.  Doesn't help me sew lol*, he just comes and leave me a mess of hair to suck up with the vacuum.  Little booger.

No comments: