Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Billie's Sew Spooky Quilt and Princess Dresses

I am loading up Billie's Sew Spooky quilt today and getting all sorts of "fall" pangs!!  I am ready, I don't know about you.  Don't get me wrong, it has been nothing less than a LOVELY summer.  We haven't even hit 95 degrees yet...and being that it's almost August that is kind of unheard of around here.


Billie really liked what I did with Vickie's Sew Spooky quilt so I'm going to do a loose recreation of that on hers...I have a couple of cute little ideas to make it unique to Billie's quilt though that I think she is going to be excited about.  This was a really fun quilt...I am toying with the idea of making something inspired by it for my own fall decor.

Soccer has started for my oldest and it is keeping us busy.  Five day a week practices!  I am really proud of her putting herself out there though and doing something active.  I fell of my diet yesterday but am back on track today.  I had half an Arby's roast beef sandwich and cheese sticks...and guess what?  I'm paying for it with a stomach ache today!!!  I cannot believe how much better I feel when I eat healthy.

OH!  I'm also making progress on my princess dresses!!  Let's see if anyone can guess who this character dress is inspired by...


It's Drizella!  My oldest daughters want to be Drizella and Anistasia while my littlest will be Cinderella...this is the last year the older daughter will even remotely consider dressing up so it's kind of bittersweet!  :)  It will be fun though...


...I've made a little progress on the Anna dress - well, I guess you could stay I made a lot of progress!  It's pretty much finished except for some details I want to go back and add.  I'm just going to paint the flowers and decorations on making my own stencils....and I need to add some ribbon and trim to the cape.  Needless to say it is near impossible to find Frozen costumes without paying an arm and a leg so my kids are over the moon excited.


The above is Elsa - the bodice and skirt are cut and almost ready to attach but I need to make a pattern for the sheer top and sleeves...I try to make the costumes as close to the original as I can without going too crazy.  I'm really excited about this one...  :)

I hope everyone out in blogland is having a good summer...even though I'm ready for fall!  My littlest is trying to put Mr. Potato Head pieces in my mouth and ears so I guess that's my cue to get off of the computer!

Happy Quilting!

- Valerie


3 comments:

Deb A said...

So talented to make such pretty dress up clothes! Mine just tell me to turn off the computer Mom!... and then they act up until I do!

Michele said...

I want that quilt when you are done with it. Please. Oh well I guess you really have to give it back to its owner. I am not ready to even start thinking about fall yet.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I just got back in town and had a chance to check this out....jumping up and down in Texas. So happy and excited that my quilt is up.

I'm always waiting for Fall to come back around. It's my favorite time of the year.