Friday, July 18, 2014

Deanna's Quilt - Finished - and an Art Quilt

I don't have much more to share today other than a finished photo of Deanna's quilt!  :)  It turned out really pretty - though I didn't have time to take great pictures as I finished it late last night and it was picked up this afternoon.  Today was eventful as my youngest had a doctor appointment out of town - and as soon as we got out of town my van broke down!  Boo!  It is being fixed and should be ready for pick up tomorrow, but wheew it was quite the afternoon.


After a stressful day I just needed to veg out a bit.  I cleaned for quite a while and then fiddled with the Juki.  I have a frozen screw in the needle plate that I messed with for about three hours.  I still haven't gotten it removed but I was able to clean under the needle plate so I went on and sewed for a while.  This was the final product...


I am really pleased with it for the most part.  I am always trying to find ways to which I can translate paintings onto quilts.  Painting is a passion second to quilts...I would love to incorporate the two without fussing with fabric dyes.  I do like to hand dye fabric...but not for the painting aspect.  I used my favorite Jaquard Lumiere paints with acrylic artist paints.  I need to add binding to two of the sides and maybe some beads as well.

I am looking forward to getting my car back tomorrow.  I'll be loading up Cindy's quilt for a quick all over quilting and then it's on to Bobbie's halloween quilt.  :)  Can you believe it's almost the end of July already?!

4 comments:

Michele said...

The quilt looks great and it's good that the can fix wasn't a huge deal.

Wendy said...

The quilt looks beautiful...I am in love with your art quilt though...my dd name is Bliss and this would suit her to a t...just lovely...

Lara B. said...

Hi Valerie - Deanna's Quilt turned out fabulous and you must be so proud of it! I am really loving your art quilt - So cool that you just made that by playing around! You are one very Talented Girl!

creativecallings@gmail.com said...

You are so amazing... Beautiful quilting.
I have been fortunate in the area of car breakdowns.. knock on wood.. but Im sure you handled the situation with grace. Keep up all the awesome work... I love reading about your adventures.