Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Happy Summer!

Wow - almost July 4th!!  So hard to believe...at least to date the weather has been pretty wonderful.  Last year it was just rain, rain, and more rain.  This year we've been able to spend a lot of time out doors just about every day.  Oh how I love summer!!  :)

I've been quilting daily though I haven't been very vocal about it - time has been limited with the kids home for the summer...but I'm still here!  Working away in my little quilting sweat shop!  Here are a few photos of quilts I'm working on/recently finished...

This is Darlene's quilt in progress...I should be finished with it tomorrow so I can get a start on Deanna's gorgeous quilt...




...and I finished Jane's sampler!!  I think it turned out really really pretty!!!






On my health kick and weight loss front - I'm 16 pounds down!  Not that it's come easy as I have been working my tail off.  I work out five days a week - weight lift 3 days a week - and I watch calories pretty religiously.  I've lost 1.5 inches from my waist and the loss is really becoming visible.  I'd like to lose a little more before I share a before and after - but if you follow me on Instagram you might have already seen a little of my progress.  I'm working hard!  It's really important to me so I'm really doing everything I can to stick with it.

Hope you are all getting some quilting done and staying cool in the July heat!!  Happy summer...and Happy Fourth of July!!  :)

4 comments:

I Quilt Scarlet and Gray said...

You do amazing work!! I may have to get the other First Noel panel made up for me, so you can quilt it next year!!

Scrapatches said...

Gorgeous quilting! Beautiful quilt ... :) Pat

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Congratulations on your weight loss, that is fantastic. Lovely quilts too!!

julieQ said...

Happy July Fourth!! Hey, that is awesome news about your weight loss...it is a tribute to your hard work!!