Thursday, April 17, 2014

My First Quilt to HMQS

I am so excited!  I just returned from the post office...I have shipped off my little whole cloth to HMQS!!!  I really sent it on a fluke - I just like it so much and happend to see that the HMQS deadline was extended until April 20th...and so long as I'd had it done to ship out today it should make it there in time.  It is little and I know there are a ton of amazing talented quilters putting quilts in this show - still - I am really proud of it.  I feel like it really is my best quality work, and I really love it.  I'm excited to think of my quilt hanging in the same show with some of my quilting super heroes. 


I am still working on my big quilt for MQX but I lost a little steam on it.  I had thought that MQX Midwest was sooner but learned today that the deadline isn't until August so I plan to have my big quilt ready for that show.  In some ways I feel like this is a test run with my mini quilt.  I am really looking forward to the judges comments...I suppose you think you know what to expect, but really who knows what they could say.  Fingers crossed for good words.  :)

 
I took notes from quilting super hero Cindy Needham and her beautiful linen quilts.  I added a little vintage lace to the hanging sleeve as I just thought it looked so pretty.  There are a few crystals back here but not as many as the front.  I tested it out on a hanging rack and it looks that if all goes well it will hang well.


Ahhh I'm just excited to have put my first quilt out there into a big show for people to see.  It's exciting.  It feels kind of like a birthday or a holiday.  :) 

Also my arc ruler came in the mail - so - pretty much best day ever.  :)  LOL!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linking up with Nina-Marie!  :)

9 comments:

Queenie Believe said...

Looks wonderful!!! Fingers crossed here in Arizona for a ribbon!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

creativecallings@gmail.com said...

Awesome.. I am so excited for you... Eeeeeee

Sewing Junkie said...

Since it is a show do we say Break a Leg! No Good Luck just being accepted to be there is a feather in your cap. Chris

Teresa in Music City said...

It's beautiful Valerie!!! Sure to catch the judges eye. You do such wonderful work - to me you are one of the superstars :*)

Michele said...

Whoo hoo! Good luck. I'm thinking of planning a show quilt for sometime in the future. Way in the future.

Cindy D said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I would vote for it at a big show. A new follower.
http://quilterintheloft.blogspot.com

Nina Marie said...

wow this is gorgeous!! Good luck in the show and enjoy it!

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Congratulations Valerie - it's just beautiful! Nothing like making a big show with your very own quilt. You'll do wonderfully.

Rettabug said...

Your little quilt is just precious beyond words, Valerie! I wish you luck!
Love the little touch of lace on the back's hanging sleeve. I never would have thought to do something like that.

fondly,
Rett