Sunday, April 13, 2014

Miniature Whole Cloth on Hand Dyed Fabric

I had a busy week and wheew!  I just needed to play.  So yesterday I pulled out a piece of fabric I hand dyed last summer and had been saving and just let whatever came to me happen.  This is how it turned out...





I used Robison Anton thread and quilted this on the Juki.  No rulers, but I did make a few freezer paper stencils to create the curved edges and also to mark the circular center.  It took me about two and a half hours to mark and maybe, eight or ten hours to quilt between yesterday and today.  I also used to layers of batting - Hobbs 80/20 with Tuscany Wool layered on top...while wool is a pain in the you know what - I JUST LOVE how it quilts up!!  :)

**Linking up with Connie over at Free Motion by the River for Linky Tuesday! 

6 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Your quilting is just unbelievable. I'll be pressing my Sew Spooky this week....have to find where I stuck it first....:)

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What beautiful quilting and your hand dyed fabric is so neat! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Sue Daurio said...

Wow that is so amazing!! Love everything about it. Those CC are freehand, so cool.

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

What a fabulous piece, incredible detail :D

Willow River Piecemakers said...

So beautiful! You are an amazing quilter!

Loralye2 said...

Your quilting is gorgeous as well as your hand dyed fabrics! I read you are using Ray Anton threads and that is what I use! All of my machines love the thread! It's beautiful, doesn't lint and has a nice sheen! I don't hear of too many others who use it, so it was nice to read that you use it and like it too!