Friday, April 4, 2014

Dresses

I think I've mentioned once or twice that I love all things Disney.  :)  A few years ago we went to Disney World for the first time and I went CRAZY making dresses for my three daughters.  In case you missed it - here are a few of the dresses/shirts I made...







Well - we are planning another trip back to the World and I'm at it again!  This year I'm making another Belle dress, another Cinderella dress, Anna from Frozen, Elsa from Frozen, Mary Poppins...OH - and I almost forgot, Anastasia and Drezella from Cinderella and if I have time leftover...the Mouse Made Dress from Cinerella.  LOL  I seriously could make these things all day long...I love making them!

Today I'm finishing up Pat's quilt - I sewed late into the night last night but still have a little bit left to finish up today - and after dinner I took a break to start on one of the dresses for our next trip to Disney.  Here is the start of our Anna dress...


Oh I love it!  This dress has become soo hard to find ready made too that I'm thrilled I can sew it up for my daughter.  I watched yesterday as one sold for nearly $100 before shipping last night on Ebay.  CRAZY!  Princess dresses with lots of embelishments are pricey store bought any way - and I can usually get away with making one for under $20.  Oh exciting!  Alright I'm headed back to the long arm...I'll post some finished photos of Pat/Chris's quilt next!  :)

2 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

Are they fun. The kids will remember them for a long time. Costuming is a big business if you are in a good location. I hope you all have fun. Chris

Michele said...

Really cute. I'm always shocked at what other people will pay for princess dresses. I prefer to stock up at the biannual consignment sale. Sunshine is thrilled and none the wiser that I saved money. Last fall I got two gorgeous ones for a total of $12.