Friday, January 17, 2014

Update!

Just a little update as to where I am at work wise!  It has been quite a week!

This past week my Father went into the hospital for emergency surgery for a urinary blockage.  I won't go into details, but it was no fun for Dad!!  :(  My Mother relies on him quite a bit for transportation as she has had a number of strokes over the years and consequentially now suffers from epilepsy, so she no longer drives.  In addition to that I just wanted to be there for my Mom and Dad!  :)  So Dad is home now and doing really well after two surgeries and a three day hospital stay.  Wheew!

As if that wasn't enough to throw my week out of whack, I broke my very last long arm needle and had to put off quilting for two days while I waited for needles to come in, and THEN the belt on my long arm snapped!  OH my!  There is truth to that saying, "when it rains it pours!"

I think I have answered all emails and messages and am pretty much caught up now.  I have a few quilts in wait (Pamela, Deanna) but please know they are coming and I will contact you very soon!  I never want to leave anyone hanging or wondering what is going on with their quilt!  :)

Thank you all for being really wonderful and understanding!  It was really nice to get so many well wishes and prayers while Dad was sick.  As my parents grow older the reality of their mortality really begins to weigh on me...I know we haven't got forever but I truly am grateful for the time we DO have!!  :)  I love them!  :)

- Valerie

8 comments:

Queenie Believe said...

Hang in there, its times like these that make us appreciate the good times.
Take very good care.
Always, Queenie

Marci said...

Aww, Val, hope the package arrives today for you and you can get back to quilting. I, too, have spent much time helping take care of a parent after serious medical challenges. And it does make mortality an 'in the face' issue. ((Hugs)) to you and your family. Cherish them daily!

Anonymous said...

The phrase: "Life/living is not for wimps" certainly applies! Our strength is definitely limited (but there is One Who is ready to carry us in such circumstances if we but ask........) Hugs and prayers continue..............

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

I'm glad that your father made it through that horrible experience and is doing better. It's true, at a certain age one begins to realize that ones parents won't be around forever. I guess the only thing we can do is to treasure each moment. Mine are at retirement age so I hope to have them for many more years but my last grandparents are in their very late 80s and I know that their journey is no longer measured in decades. Hang in there! And feel wonderful knowing that you were able to be there for your parents. :-)

Cindy Elliott said...

So glad to hear everyone is doing well, including you! Whew. What a week is right. Hope your next week is super!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Be sure to take care of yourself along the way - caretaking can take it's toll. Hope everyone and everything is back to wellness.

Teresa in Music City said...

Glad your dad is doing better and on the road to recovery! We are dealing with similar issues with our parents - it's so hard!!! Hopefully this coming week will be a much better one for you :*)

Michele said...

Oh Valerie it definitely does pour sometimes when it rains but I'm glad your Dad is home and recovering and your machine is back up and running.