Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Quilting is DONE!!!!

YAY!!!  I finished the quilting on this today - FINALLY!  I had most of it done last night but this morning had to finish up a couple of small areas I had missed...but I am thrilled to say the quilting is finished.  The next few days I'll work on adding beads, a few crystals, lace, and cording.  I also need to add a hanging sleeve and label...


Absolutely nothing helps to photograph quilting like the afternoon sun!  :)  Shows off some of the sparkle in the fabric too...




I did piece the back - it is half white muslin and half mauve cotton sateen...I actually LOVE teh contrast!!!


I decided to use that vintage lace along the seam to soften it a bit...and I will add crystals to the back as well to highlight the pretty quilting...I actually like the back as much as the front ont this!!!



Part of me wishes I had used the mauve cotton sateen on the entire back.  It looks so amazing with the quilting against it.  But - I think the opportunity to use the lace will be really beautiful too.

 
I'll be working on Pamela's quilt next - she has been waiting patiently during this time off for her turn...pictures soon!  :)

5 comments:

Queenie Believe said...

Beautiful design and execution a real quilting tour de force!! Congrats on an awesome finish.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Sandy Shelenberger said...

Congratulations on finishing your gorgeous quilt! The quilting shows up beautifully on both the mauve and the white. Sure to be a winner!!

Marci said...

Beautiful! You poured your heart and soul into this one, and your heart and soul shows. Well done! (Absolutely love how you used the antique crocheted pieces, and that lace is to die for!)

Sewing Junkie said...

Looks gorgeous. Lots of hours, but I'm sure you are thrilled to be done. Chris

Michele said...

Just stunning as always. Nicely done.