Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Presents - Quilted Wallet

Working on some Christmas gifts today.  So many other things I should be doing but it was definitely time to sew!  I'm really happy with how this came out.  I'm going to make a handful more - I thought they would be great for teachers, the bus driver, and a few friends.  :)


I really love these buttons.  Aren't they gorgeous?  I have to make something to show them off - I bought a few more and might even go back to buy another set.  I just love the design on them.

 
I used the Gutermann metallic on top and a honey colored cotton on bottom for the long feather.  My stitches REALLY show!!  Ack!  :)  I was pretty proud of finding perfect tension though - not a spot of glitter underneath nor any cotton on top.  Not even one loop.  Usually I'll get at least ONE ugly loop.


 
 
I hope everyone is having a good Friday.  I was brought to tears upon hearing about the shooting at the elementary school in Connecticut.  It is so sad that things like this happen.  My heart just aches for those children.  I'm such a Mother, I just want to scoop them all up and hold them and keep them safe.  Lots of love and prayers to them and their families - they will be on my mind throughout these next few weeks.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That is so incredibly lovely -- and your quilting looks great!

Sewing Junkie said...

Glad the cotton thread worked for the bobbin.