Monday, December 31, 2012

I'm in the paper!! Oh and I bought fabric too...


Hey that's me there!!!!  Lol***  I was so excited to be called in for an interview at the local paper a week or so ago...I didn't want to spoil the surprise so I didn't mention it to many friends and family, but how exciting!!!  We live in a small little town so frequently they publish sweet community stories about people around town and the things they are doing.  I about fell off my chair when I was asked to do this (really, me???) but at the same time, ecstatic!!!  How fun!! 

I am obsessed with quilting in likely a way that even many of my quilting friends are not...my friend recently said to me, "it's like, it's your LIFE!"  LOL*  Well, it IS my life.  It's my passion and I don't use that word lightly.  I just love it.  Artists paint, sculpters sculpt, and quilters quilt.  This an art that I get SO much from.  I swear I have a bit of ADD but quilting is the one thing I can buckle down and focus on.  It's my therapy, my company, my expression, and my source of pride.  So while it's really not the biggest news on the planet, it's big news in my little world and I'm so thrilled to get a little praise for working so hard at something I love.  :)  I am so blessed!!

In other news I have several projects going but only found time to take a picture of this one.  We received a few gift cards for Christmas and they were burning a hole in my pocket so I had to spend them up real quick!!!  :)  I love my warm neutral colors but this is about the time of year I crave color.  My garden is brown and sleeping and everything around me is white...we are a long ways away from spring around here.  So I decided yesterday to begin collecting fabrics for my daughter's new quilts.  They both have small baby/toddler quilts and my oldest desperately needs a "big girl" quilt.  She's going to be 11 in May.  OH MY GAWSH I HAVEN'T SAID THAT BEFORE!!!  Wow.  She's going to be 11.  Be still my heart.  :(  So I guess she needs a more fitting quilt.  We are going to paint her room a limey green color and my Dad made her a wooden peace sign in her favorite color that we will hang above her bed.  I want to redo the carpet in there too - I swear it's like a bomb went off.  Anyhow...these are the colors I chose...


I really have a bug up my butt to do some sort of dresden plate with these.  I haven't made one with the pointy blades and I thought it would look cute to put leaves on them so they look like flowers.  The creamy tan fabric is going to be the background, I bought 3 yards and I hope that's enough.  I think I'll have plenty of the colored fabrics but I'd like to get some more purple/fuchsia for the cornerstones in the sashing.  I'm thinking I want to set these on point and do tiny little cornerstones.

The other project I have going is a tiny linen quilt - like Cindy's!!  LOL*  I am going to order some bottom line thread for my thread experiment and to do the small detail quilting with.  I also want to try out a small bit of radiance fabric for underneath.  Cindy does these great initial quilts that she frames so I think that's what I want to try.

I am off as children are calling me.  :)  Happy New Year's Eve!!!  :)

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Hey, be proud and shine! Enjoy making your new quilts and Happy New Years.

Anonymous said...

Awe, congrats! I love that fabric you selected too!

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Congratulations. That is awesome. A great picture of you too. Happy New Year and Happy Quilting.
Janet

Michele said...

Congrats! That is so cool. Now you are "famous". And for me too, other than my family quilting is my Life now.