Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Santa Brought Sewing Goodies!

I hope everyone out there had a wonderful Christmas yesterday - and if you don't celebrate Christmas I hope you just had a wonderful day!  Here in northeastern Ohio we are hunkering down for a blizzard.  What a way to kick off winter!  I will be thinking of all the people who are traveling to visit family or going home from their Christmas vacations.  :(  Stay safe!

We are so fortunate and blessed in this home.  We don't have a lot, but we have enough.  Santa was very good to me this year...thanks to many extra hours the Husband put in at work and picking up a second job for the holiday.  Look what he gave me!


I have wanted a serger for so long!  My main passion is quilts - but this will come in SO very handy for many many projects.  I love to make things for the house, costumes for my daughters, clothing for them, purses and totes.  This will make it so much easier...and look so pretty!

I was thrilled and pretty impressed that it came right out of the box threaded and ready to sew!  How cool is that?  I was agonizing a bit over how I would afford thread right after Christmas to play.  It came with pleny to get started...and next payday I'm off to start a new thread collection.  :)


Pulled out my Singer sewing book.  I do a lot of sewing (and consider myself quite the know it all too!  LOL*) but even still this book is SO great.  Anyone who quilts can tell you that garment sewing and quilting are just TWO different worlds.  Everything is different...the only thing they have in common is the sewing machine!  This book is so comprehensive and gives great up close pictures of everything.  It's a little dated - the pictures look about twenty years or more old...but I bought it at half priced books so it was something like $15...and worth every penny.  It's got a whole section on sergers and even the one I just got was pictured!!!  I can't wait to learn all about the different things I can do with it.



The snow is starting to fall.  It's that heavy wet snow too.  Nothing better than a cozy day indoors with a cup of coffee and a brand new serger.  :)

2 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Congratulations! My serger is 25+ years old and still works great~ I love it for all kinds of things. Have fun!

Sewing Junkie said...

Glad you had a nice Christmas. With smaller kids the serger is a plus. Staying in with the weather and new toy, boy are you lucky. Chris