Monday, July 9, 2012

Easy Peasy Eyeglass Cases

My Dad requested these a few weeks ago and has been patiently waiting for me to find myself in between projects so that I could make them for him!


Photo tutorial below...happy Monday!

These squares are about 7.5" X 8"...and I just guessed on the backing fabric - I used a soft pre-washed orange flannel.


Quilt as desired and trim away excess.


Fold in half (shortest side), pin.


Sew at 1/4", pivot at corner.  Be sure to leave one end open!


Now you have this -


Turn inside out...you may need a tool for this...


Pin to prevent shifting, sew seams again to enclose them, just past 1/4" so you completely encase the seam.




Trim corners, stitch to prevent raw edge from fraying with use.  You may want to neaten up those tails more than I did!  I just clipped them really quickly with thread cutter on my machine...not very pretty!  :)


Turn again.  :)


Ta- dah!  :)  Cute!  Finish with binding scraps or serge and turn down raw edge.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Nice! My sunglasses could use a little something cozy...this just be the pattern for me! Thanks for sharing!

TheQuiltingLawyer said...

These look great. Thanks for the tutorial.