Sunday, January 4, 2009

EQ Quilt Updates & Some Thrifting

Lookee what I found! :) Isn't this vintage embroidered potholder so cute? My Dad rents a booth at an antique co-op and I can't help but shop everytime we stop to see it. Pardon my thumb there in the picture, lol*, I don't know why I felt the need to put my hand down.


A few updates for those of you following or making the EQ quilts I posted about. I changed the name of "Fall Pinwheels" to "Harvest Pinwheels"...doesn't that sound better? :) I've added a place in the sidebar for each quilt so you can easily find all the instructions needed as we go to sew along with me. Since enough people showed interest I decided to make this a full blown "quilt-a-long". Participate as much or as little as you like. This is on a sort of "as I have the time" basis, but I promise I'll try not to let too much time pass in between instructions/steps.

Here are some buttons for you to upload to your sidebar...there are no requirements to take the buttons, so if you want one grab it! :) You don't even have to be sewing along, you can just follow along if you want. :) You don't have to link back to me, but it's nice if you do. :) If you want to make your button a little smaller, then when you upload it to blogger, choose small for the image size. **Edit** Oh wait, no you can't! Lol* You can choose instead, "shrink to fit".


Also, a note for any of you making Autumn Cabins - if you plan on paper piecing the center star blocks you may want to set aside some extra fabric (in addition to what is called for in the fabric requirements). I am a fairly liberated paper piecer (that's a nice way to say wasteful, isn't it? lol*), so I will give measurements for precut strips, but thats as far as it goes. I just cut a chunk from my strip to fit! I don't have patience for too much fussyness, and I don't mind a bit of waste to achieve a better looking block (minus the stress). For those of you who have EQ, the block is called "Four Patch Variable Stars", and is a 12" block. There are a number of ways you could make this one, and I'll do my best to give you a few options.
Well that's about all for today. I finished a mini quilt top but my kids are fighting in there so I'm off for today. :)
**Oh well, really quick, before I run, I'll drop a plug for the Quilts Through the Pages web ring. We're getting a few members going, but it's always nice to have more! I have a few swaps and things planned for this year, so if you're an Elm Creek Quilts fan, and enjoy making some of the quilts inspired by the series of novels, then why don't you join? I created a blog so we can all post and share our projects...http://quiltsthroughthepages.blogspot.com/ - or click on the Quilts Through the Pages ring logo on my sidebar and check out some of the member blogs. :)

2 comments:

Bob and Diana said...

Just popped in to take a look at your blog. I haven't visited for quite awhile. I never realized that making Quilts could be so technical -- I didn't understand half of what you were talking about!!!!

YankeeQuilter said...

This is my first time by your blog and I really enjoyed it! Those autumn quilts are very tempting....