Wednesday, October 1, 2014

It's here! My very first Ribbon!

Well if you follow me on Instagram or Facebook - I'm going to apologize ahead of time.  I'm posting yet ANOTHER photo of my ribbon!  I know a lot of my quilting pals have won countless ribbons so it might not be the same thrill...but this is my first ribbon won all with my very own work and I'm pretty proud!  Not to mention it's from a well known national show - a show most of you know and love as much as I do...I mean, I think I might pee....it's from MQX!!!  LOL  Ok ok ok, TMI....but I'm really stinking happy!!!!


I mean, is that a ribbon or is that a ribbon?  I don't even care if it's 3rd place...IT'S A PLACE!!!  Icing on the cake?  I had no idea that this category won a monetary prize - inside of my box was a check from Janet-Lee and Mary for $100!!!!!!!!!  OH MY GAWSH!  I'm over the moon.  I just feel like a million bucks.  :)  :)  :)  Because I'm a quilting girl on a budget and I try to spend my pennies wisely, that $ is going right back into sending another quilt or two off to another show.  Maybe if I'm super lucky my very first ribbon will get a pal to hang out with!

In other news while I'm waiting on a box of quilts to work on from Monica I've been getting the house all ready for fall.  I have had oranges and apples in the oven for the past 11 hours dehydrating for decoration.  I found a few little crafty ideas I'm cleaning up the sewing room so I can get started on - I'll share more tomorrow if all goes well.  I hope all of my pals out in blogland are having a wonderful start to the "eat all things pumpkin" season!!!

- Valerie

9 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Congratulations! No matter how many you win, every one is exciting!! But your first one in a major show is a thrill very few get to experience. Well done!! Applause, applause!!

Rina Mason said...

Congratulations on the ribbon and the cash prize. I've never won a ribbon for one of my quilts but have won for my other sewing so I know how great that first ribbon feels. Well done! Here's to this being the first of many!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations on a well deserved ribbon!

Frederique said...

Congratulations, you deserved it!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

It's a no brainer....you are an excellent quilter!

Miriam said...

Congratulations!!! I hope its the first of many ribbons in your future.

Michele said...

I'm sure you are still floating on clouds. The ribbon is well deserved. Congrats!

Lise said...

Very well deserved, beautiful and sooooo talented... and I'd pee also ;) opps lolol

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

That's awesome!!!! It's a nice way to start your show quilt journey. :-)