Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Vickie's Sew Spooky Quilt

Here I am!  Things are getting C-R-A-Z-Y here!  This past week I have been avoiding the computer somewhat as Hubby came down with that yicky flu that the girls had, and we keep our computer in the bedroom.  All I could think was - GERMS!  It's been a full 7 days now since he's been sick so I'm feeling like I may have gotten a free pass on the flu this time.  *fingers crossed*  In any case - back to the computer as I have a lot of work to catch up on!

First I want to share Vickie's quilt - it is called Sew Spooky by The Quilt Company.  Visit Vickie's blog and send her some nice comments about her lovely quilt!  http://vickiequilts.blogspot.com







This quilt is so adorable and was so much fun to work on.  I really think the McTavishing with swirls was perfect for the pattern.  I tried to add sweet little details anywhere I could - this quilt is definitely a feast for the eyes...something everywhere to look at and interest you!  :)  Thank you again Vickie for allowing me to work on your adorable quilt!  It is headed home today!

I also wanted to share that new patterns are up now on Urban Elementz!  I am super excited to say - I have my own little Designer Page even!!!  I'm so excited and honored to be involved with them - it is a dream come true, truly! 

 
https://www.urbanelementz.com/shop/category/quilting-designs-by-designer/valerie-smith/
 
 
In other news - I turned 33 on Friday!!!  I don't know if I am excited about this or a little scared.  I'm that much closer to 40 - the age that my parents will forever be in my mind...even though now they are well into their 60's.  I had such a wonderful day though - my Husband spoiled me rotten, and I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed every moment of it.  He and my parents bought me gift cards so I could buy what I wanted at the craft store, and I bought a hoard of art supplies.  I have been scrapbooking and making time for paint and art.  :)  If you would like to see my artsy endeavors, I have decided to keep them seperate from this blog as I know many of my pals here are here for the quilts - you can visit my artsy/nonsense blog at http://valeriesmithartstudio.blogspot.com
 
 


Happy Quilting!! 

- Valerie :)

6 comments:

Lori S said...

Congratulations on the pantos, they look great!

Deb A said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Just remember age is just a number (from a 41 year old!). I LOVE the swirls of smoke coming out of the chimney. Wonderful job on the quilting. I tend to use a chlorax wipe on everything (computer keyboard, remotes, phones, door handles, light switches, etc.) after someone has been sick. Hope no one else comes down with it.

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Happy birthday! Fantastic quilting on that spooky quilt. When I get my longarm I'll definitely look at all the pantos that you're offering now. Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Your b'day photo is so sweet...showing your beautifully sweet smile!!! Your quilting continues to raise the bar but, then, I knew you were uber talented!!! I so treasure our moments together (with Mom!) and pray they may be repeated sometime in the future!!!! Hugs and blessings.......

dq said...

Cutest Halloween quilt I have ever seen! I LOVE IT!

Michele said...

Oh I just love that quilt and your work on it is fabulous. I wonder if she'd send it my way. LOL A belated Happy Birthday to you. 33 is certainly not old by any count. I don't like to think about what number I will be on my next birthday.