Saturday, December 7, 2013

What A Difference A Little Bias Tape Makes!

It was really fun to read so many different thoughts on the comment I made the other day about quilting being my "hobby".  To be truthful, it's more than a hobby.  Yes, I have a small long arming business that I'm having a total ball with - but for me, it's even more than that.  I suppose at this point, on this level, I've moved beyond hobby or a little fun into the hopelessly obsessed zone!  I AM completely passionate about quilts.  I'm passionate about quilts like artists are passionate about their art - and I fully consider what we do an art.  My running joke - "God called the nuns to the convent...and he called me to the sewing machine!!!"  Ok I'm really not THAT full of myself, HA!  But I say this with the meaning that I do at times feel like something greater than me is pulling me to create quilts.  I love them so much and I love planning them, creating them...I love the people quilts have brought me to meet and I love that buzz of creative energy we get when we bounce ideas off of each other and inspire each other.  This little microcosm of quilting - and in particular us quilting bloggers - it's really an amazing phenomenon that I love being a part of.  :)  While I love other forms of art and dabbling in other mediums...quilting in particular is so fulfilling on so many levels - I don't know what I'd do without it!!!

Mushy stuff over and moving on to the really important stuff - my JUKI IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


A number of you asked about this machine and as soon as I have time to play I'll share all I can with you!  I may even do an unboxing video/blog for anyone who might be interested.  I first heard about the infamous Juki brand way back when I had first discovered Sharon Schamber.  I always said if Sharon told me to dance around the room with a pickle on my head because it'd make me a better quilter I would do it!  LOL  There aren't a lot of people I would so blindly follow but this lady - I tell you she has yet to steer me wrong!

I began researching the machine and it fit all of the marks that are important to me, the most important being that it doesn't have a computer.  It is seriously going to KILL me to have to sit and look at it under the tree and not open it!!!  :)  For those interested I bought it from Ken's Sewing Center in Alabama.  They have online stores on Ebay, Amazon, and their own website.  They were wonderful to work with - my Husband did most of the chatting with them but that has always been an important thing to him.  They do I believe have the machine listed incorrectly on their website - as a TL - 2010Qi which I don't believe exists...they sent the correct machine though, a TL 2010Q.  The shipping took about two days - to me that's incredible - and it was free.  They sent it UPS and there was some damage to the box that I wasn't thrilled about but that didn't have much to do with Kens.  They did call me to let me know that they fully guarantee everything so when I do open it up, if there is any damage to let them know and they would replace it.  That's pretty awesome.  :)

I spent some time playing with the borders of my Vintage Charm yesterday - eeep!  I love this!  Can't you imagine this with intricate quilting now!?  I love it!



Off to make breakfast and I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!  :)

3 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

You already have intricate quilting!! I can't wait to see what you do with this machine. Your quilting is gorgeous! I bought the Tiara to learn to machine quilt...I am a hand quilter. I am on my second queen size quilt; but I can't say I am any where near comfy with it yet. I feel totally out of control...lol. A speed demon; I think!!! But persisting....

Michele said...

Such torture to wait to open that box. I hope you can continue to resist. LOL

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I can't wait to see how you like this sewing machine! I don't care for computerized machines and do most of my quilting on my vintage 15-91 Singer. Great Christmas present! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday