Monday, December 23, 2013

It's Christmas Eve!! Progress...

It is 12:03am and I can officially say - MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!  LOL  Ok ok ok I know you don't usually say Merry Christmas Eve and all but I'm a total Christmas geek and I've been listening to Sounds of the Season since November 1st.  Eeep!  It's almost here!!!  :)

Because of all the last minute shopping and the required cleaning that I have to catch up on (since I've been doing all that quilting and being creative stuff this year INSTEAD of cleaning...) my progress isn't very grand.


I am pretty happy with it though!  I think it looks like frosting on a fancy wedding cake.


I need to fix that bias tape because it's driving me batty - I think I'm going to try and stitch some gold cording down along either side to hide some of the womples.  Also beads or something so it doesn't look like the flowers are disappearing into the underside of those ribbon bows...LOL

This quilt looks so much like a wedding quilt it's just missing the white dove and two gold wedding bands.  I think I'm going to nix Vintage Charm and call it - "Turned Out to be a Wedding Quilt".  LOL!  :)

Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!  :)

9 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Merry Christmas!

Sewing Junkie said...

Looks beautiful. Sometimes we are to hard on ourselves and walking away for a few hours might make you look at it different. Hope you have a Merry Christmas. Chris

Anonymous said...

I think if you finish it (after the possible gold cording, beading, etc) and still feel the need to re-name it.....go for it. It really does appear to have a 'ton' of Vintage Charm!!!!! It is definitely one intense quilt!!!!! Hugs........

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Your work is absolutely gorgeous!

Queenie Believe said...

It is looking wonderful!!!
Merry Christmas!!!
Always, Queenie

Deb A said...

Looks just like a wedding cake! Beautiful.

Sandy Shelenberger said...

Hi Valerie! Your quilting is stunning! Hope you had a lovely Christmas and that Santa was good to everyone:>) All my best, Sandy

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Looks beautiful and I think you are right that it looks like a wedding quilt! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Clipping Path said...

Wonderful!!!