Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Peek at Monica's Quilt and Happenings Here at Home

Wheew it's been a busy weekend!  I'll tell you more about it but first, let me share a peek at Monica's quilt, currently on the frame...



I'm moving along pretty swiftly so I anticipate having this finished today or tomorrow...and she has sent me a second that I'll be working on for the remainder of the week.

It's been quite an eventful weekend however - more going on than I can even get into here!  My blogging pal Doreen from Treadlemusic happened to be in the area on Sunday (well she and her Husband drove out special just to meet up!) and we had a nice visit!  My Mom tagged along with me making it extra special as she knows I love to blog and I often talk about some of the interesting people I've communicated with or come into connection with through blogging.  Doreen and her Husband Tom were no exception, with a great story to tell of their travels (you'll have to look forward to that on her blog!) and the people they've met along the way.  We could have stayed and chatted all day but I did have three little girls at home anxiously awaiting trick or treat!

Here's a photo (below) of me, my Mom in the middle, and Doreen to the right...of course I was talking...not unusual for me!!!!  :)  It was a fun visit and it was really wonderful to put a face to the name as we have been chatting for around a year now.  Doreen has been one of the great cheerleaders supporting me along the way here as I embark on a machine quilting career.  Words are powerful and that support means more than you can know!  :)


In other news, shortly after returning from trick or treating that night we discovered our water heater had gone...not fun!!!  So  pretty much all day yesterday was taken up by running errands and getting that new water heater put in.  My Husband is no less than a super hero as the VERY next day he had someone here and getting the job done.  Amazing!

What an eventful and hectic weekend...it was fun and a little scary too - but now on to the quilts!  :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That quilt is amazing!!! You are truly a "pro"!!!! There were so many high-lights on our trek but my visit with you and your mom is right at the top!!! You are such a "dear" and I feel it a privilege to call you my friend. We arrived home this afternoon and must allow "life" to rule til next week when I can do a post. This will be very hard for me but there's not enough hours. So glad your water heater debacle is solved.....yay Hubs!!! Blessings.......

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a gorgeous quilt - and you are enjoying those feathers! Glad the disaster had a happy ending.

JoAnne said...

Gorgeous feathers in the quilt! I got to meet a blog friend for the first time this weekend, too. It is so much fun!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

\fabulous quilt on that gorgeous quilt!

Michele said...

Maybe you, me and Doreen should meet up all together some time. That would be a blast. The quilt is gorgeous and I'm sure it is done by now. Glad to know the hot water heater issue was resolved quickly.