Friday, May 3, 2013

May for Me


I signed up to participate in the May for Me Celebration this year over on Maria's Crafty Sewing & Quilting blog.  For me, what that means, is that in the month of May I'm going to make a concerted effort to work on projects for me.  I love when someone comes to my house and asks me, "oh, and who is this one for?"  Haha, that is exactly why I needed to do this!

Marcia's crafty sewing & quilting


I didn't intend it, but it looks like my May for Me is going to carry a Bonnie Hunter theme!  Right now I have the backing fabric for my Jared Takes a Wife in the washer, and I'm going to add borders to it, hopefully today.

Last night you would have found me here...in my messy little sewing corner...working on my crab apples quilt.  I went to bed around 1am...I indulged in listening to the Jodi Arias trial as I sewed.  I don't know why I'm hooked on that trial but I am.  It's so sad.


I made a little progress but not much...


...looking at my scraps you'd never know I made any progress at all!

OH - and do you notice anything different here?  I GOT A NEW IRONING BOARD!  Remember the one my pal burnt the shape of my iron into?  Off it goes to the trash...it was old and only a table top board.  I desperately needed a new one.  Maybe I should keep it for when she visits?



 My last May goal, to quilt this Bonnie Hunter quilt I made eons ago.  Leah, my blogger pal and I made the same quilt with the same fabrics.  Truly, she made it first and I was so in love with her quilt I immediately ran out and bought the same fabric and made one for myself!  She is a very talented quilter who's posts I miss - she's been busy having little babies and had no time to blog.  :(


So there you have what is probably more that I can get done in one month while quilting others quilts and making things for Etsy, and taking care of a home and family!  But I will try!  ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Val (a.k.a Energizer Bunny!)...you will do it! Your goals are lovely and give much to look forward to! I keep pushing through trying to get to the next season....we've taken a huge giant leap backwards with this latest dumping of snow. I know it's great quilting weather, but really...... Hugs, on this new month....

JoAnne said...

So do you think Jodi is guilty? A Liar? Or a victim?

Good job making projects for yourself! We all need to do that from time to time.

Sewing Junkie said...

Remember to take some time for you. Chris

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Good for you - seldom we take the time to make something for ourself. Get out the pink nail polish and do up your toes while you're at it.

Leah Spencer said...

I think you know which one I'm looking the most forward to seeing all quilted up! ;)