Friday, May 17, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Wall Hanging Quilts

I have followed the Blogger's Quilt Festival over the years and never participated...this year I thought I would!  I am really proud of my small whole cloth so I thought that it would make a great candidate for sharing.  It's not quite a lap and most appropriately considered a wall hanging, so I have entered it into the wall hangings category.  If you haven't visited before, go check out the other quilts by clicking here, and at the end of the week vote for your favorite!  There are wonderful sponsors and prizes, and most importantly really wonderful quilt inspiration!  :)





This quilt measures 33" by 44" and was quilted by hand on my long arm.  I did spend about 8 hours just marking the top with water soluble marker.  Below are a few in progress photos and a few in the sun so you can better see the detail.







11 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just a lovely selection for the Quilt Festival, so love your quilting.

CitricSugar said...

Wow! Those are some teeny tiny pebbles!

Great work - I love whole cloth quilts...

Renee said...

Fantastic quilting! Very, very pretty quilt!

Katy Cameron said...

Oh wow, I can't imagine how long that must have taken, amazing!

Average Quilter said...

WOW - stunning

quirky granola girl said...

your quilting is amazing!

Di said...

Oh how beautiful! I long to be able to quilt feathers like that :-).

Vickie said...

Just beautiful!

Carolyn said...

Wow, this is such a beautiful quilt. Your quilting is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Wow! its really beautiful.

Thanks for Sharing!

jelly andrews said...

What a lovely quilt this is. It is really amazing. And I love the details of it. Thanks a lot for sharing.