Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Post Having Almost Nothing to do With Quilts

:)  The past few days I have been playing catch up around the house - cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry - the Husband and I even squeezed in a date night.  That was wonderful!

I have a quilt on the frame that will be finished this evening (kids allowing) and three more in the wait.  So while procrastinating this afternoon a friend and I got together for a much needed girl visit.

She brought her hoard of nail polish and I pulled mine out, reorganized, dusted, and then counted.  Kind of like I do with my fabric stash!  She and I are neck and neck.  I have a total of 149 and she last counted somewhere in the 160's.  Holy cow that's alotta nail polish.  Believe it or not, when we met she only had about twenty!!!  We bonded over polishes and now I've created a monster.  :)  A really fun to play paint with kind of monster.  :)

We spent our two hour visit chatting and never did get around to polishing...though after all the preparation I decided to go ahead and paint after she left...


...ready for St. Patty's?  Prior to this my nails were hot pink.  Ooooh ahhh!  I'm not a huge green person so I don't know how long this is going to last.  LOL*  But it sure was fun!


Other than polishing I've been rekindling some of my collections.  For a while I was REALLY into McCoy Pottery.  I had close to 50 pieces...but a couple of years ago I started to get that "I have way to much clutter and I can't stand it anymore" feelings and ended up selling a lot of it to an antiques dealer.  Oh I wish I hadn't done that!!


In any case the Husband has amazing eyes.  Look at this score!  He spotted these at the thrift shop Sunday.  These are less expensive pieces...but definitely go for more than $4 so hey!  We really made out well!


I have also been passively collecting these old patterns.  This one is from 1959...oh my goodness too cute.


I also love that the owner had already picked out fabric to make the pattern.  It looks to be cut too - I wonder what happened to the dress she made?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes a girl does what a girl gots to do!!! Love the polish! (Although, blue/purple is a fave of mine!) Quilting does have a way of taking over a person's life! I can totally relate! Hugs, Doreen

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Isn't that the truth!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Testing

Anonymous said...

Isn't it so fun to cherish the stuff that's been around the block/generations? That's what it's all about, really! I collected McCoy cookie jars for years - I had 40+ before I donated them to a local nonprofit (my daughters had no interest :( ) I only kept a couple of them. And I, too, collect old patterns including vintage embroidery iron on patterns (think redwork and flour towel patterns). Such fun! whitepinesquilter