Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Low Down Honest Truth

I'm going to be very brave and very honest here...this is the current state of my sewing area!!!  Brace yourself...it's gonna get ugly...


Hahaha - so much for pretty, neat, and organized!!!  This room WILL be a different color very soon.  I'd like to paint this room either red or a tan color.  But I'm planning to wait until the weather is a bit warmer so I can open the doors with all that smelly paint smell.  I can't imagine that is good for anyone's lungs, but I especially worry about the children.


Well - this is the future home of my long arm!!!  I have been busily cleaning, purging, taking things out to the barn and cleaning some more.  This was a good excuse to clean dust bunnies from behind cabinets and wipe down the walls. 

I have no idea why the picture below loaded sideways!!  When I clicked on it in my picture folder it looked right, and I even opened it in Picasa and it looked right.  Anyhow I thought this little display looked cute and homey...but after measuring the floor I'm wondering if I might move all of this to the other side of the room.  The long arm frame is 14 feet long and I'll want space on either side of it to walk around plus a little elbow room.  This wall is 23 inches so I think it will just fit with a bit of room to spare.  It will feel so good in the summer to quilt here with the french doors open and the breeze coming in through the house!


Just a few more days!!!  I picked up a tripod at the store the other day for my camera so you can look forward to some video posts soon.  You can watch me and laugh as I totally have no idea what I'm doing with my long arm!!!  LOL*

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, but it is a quilter's room! What wonderful space and all those lovelies all over - jealous.

Lorrie said...

Definitely looks like a working quilter's room! If mine is tidy, it's not for long. Cleaning up/reorganinzing is how you find new projects. ;)

Mommarock said...

How very exciting for you. There are those of us out here who have absolutely NO CLUE how they work, and would be more than happy to see everything there is to learn about how they work. I'm thinking each one is probably a little bit different, but I really have NO idea!

Michele said...

I think getting your new long arm is the perfect reason to reorganize your space. It will really be terrific when you have it all set the way you want it.

Michele said...

I think getting your new long arm is the perfect reason to reorganize your space. It will really be terrific when you have it all set the way you want it.

Rachel said...

You call that a mess? LOL...Looking forward to you getting that machine in there!

Teresa said...

How exciting for you to be getting a longarm. I know you are anxious to get it set up and going. Your sewing room looks very light and airy to me, will be nice when you get it all in order. I love your feathered wall hanger and the quilt you are working on. Lots of fun stuff on your blog.