Saturday, January 19, 2013

Gutermann Silk Thread and ONE MORE DAY!!!

I just couldn't NOT sew for a week.  I love my three little girls like crazy but for this stay at home Mom there is no break.  Ever.  I'm hiding a bit in my bedroom after my blood pressure went through the roof just a few moments ago...my little boogers had toys and sheets and blankets and pillows, and bowls and cups of who knows what scattered EVERYWHERE after all the scrubbing and cleaning and straightening I did.  They tried to escape cleanup by running into their rooms...grrrr.  Lol*

The house is for the most part tidy again but I'm stealing away to the computer for a few minutes of peace.  Gutermann thread is on sale for 40% off at JoAnns until February so I ran and grabbed a couple of the small silk spools for applique.

Ack.  So much for peace, of course the baby just went down for her nap and the Husband called and urgently needs me to run to the post office!!  Pooh!!

Ok I'll make it quick then.

I'm making a couple of runners for Etsy...at least I think for Etsy.  I love them so much and they aren't even done!  I might just keep them...they are just some fabric I've had in my stash for a while now.  I told ya I crave those brights this time of year!


I couldn't find a darker purple but there is a bit of this lighter purple in that batik fabric so I'm hoping it won't be noticeable.  I've heard such great things about silk for applique.


Several people have suggested Invisafil for applique AND quilting and I've got an order going into them in the next few days.  Really looking forward to try it - it's 100 weight poly so it's finer even than bottom line.  Really looking forward to trying it out.

Tomorrow the long arm comes!!  Yay!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hold on, Girl, you're almost there....just a couple more days and then........yippee!!!! I remember the days when kids and sewing and cleaning weren't a very good mix for my sanity (I was a stay at home Mom when they were small, too). Those colors are "to die for"!!!!!! Hugs, Doreen

Sewing Junkie said...

Your life will never be the same after you get your machine. After all Mommy they are the original wash and wear and anything they touch is free game to them. You will laugh about someday. Chris