Thursday, March 8, 2012

Garden Walk, Garden Junk

Working out the dimensions of a quilt design for most of the day.  What a great day to be sewing.  It was cool and rainy, but still warmer than it should be this time of year.  I had the doors open a crack so I could smell the fresh spring air while I worked...and the rain.  :)  Got the police scanner app working on my tablet...oh joy to me is a cup of coffee, a fresh rotary blade, stack of precuts, and silence intertwined with the criminal happenings of all the county.  Lol*  It was a good day.

I think I may have enjoyed too much coffee though as I can't get to sleep!  I'm keeping the husband awake too with my tap tap tapping on the keyboard, but I'll try and get a few pictures in before he grumbles at me to quit...just some garden junk and random garden pictures.  Everything is still pretty sleepy this early in the year.  Not much coming up other than tulips and hyacinths.

This is a vintage gas can my Dad gave me...ironically the vast majority of garden junk in my garden is from my Dad!

My hydrangea...in it's fourth year?  Fourth or fifth I can't remember...

Tulips I planted in this bucket last year and forgot about...

More garden junk...these weren't from Dad...yard sales, thrift shops...

A sleeping garden bed in need of some grooming...

Mean old black eyed susans gobbling up it's neighbors...

...a foxglove baby hiding beneath the debris...

Another bed in need of love...lots of last years strawberry vines and that big brown bush you can barely make out are my hot pink Knock Out Roses.  They are GORGEOUS in the summer.


I guess that's it.  I'm tired now too.  ;)  My weekly walking buddy has canceled on me for tomorrow morning so, back to sewing in the morning.

2 comments:

donna said...

This was a delightful post. Loved seeing your "garden junk" stacked one on top of the other. I'd be thrilled if I had tulips and hyacinths making an appearance in early March. This was a fun post.

Gettysburg Homestead said...

LOL... used to listen to my EMS pager a few years back. But after you've been listeneing to it for 16 years it gets old and all you want is silence. lol.

Can't wait to see the new quilt design :-)

Also I just LOVE going out to poke around in the beds o see what's pooping up already too.