Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sewing Machine Cover & Mat

I sewed until 3:30 this morning making this sewing machine cover & mat for my Mother for Christmas...


I think it was the quilting that took the longest. It took several hours...but I have to contend with babies interrupting me literally every ten minutes. Once my precious pains in the patoot went to bed I finished the cover and whipped out the mat.

This is actually the reverse quilted side. The interior of the cover is cream fabric. When it came time to sew it together I decided I liked the way the quilting looked on the predominantly red side best.

One more photo - I apologize for the glare...my little sewing nook is right next to the bay windows. Great for sewing, not so much for photography.


I hoping you'll excuse me for the mess...Christmas is only two days away after all! I haven't time to clean just yet!

9 comments:

Pat said...

What a wonderful gift! I need to make a cover for my machine soon.

Orcsmom said...

Your mother will be pleased! I love the fabric, and the quilting is just beautiful! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Hugs!
Pam

Unknown said...

Wonderful cover and mat, I love the quilting on it.

Have a Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Lovely gift...wonderful treasure!

Erika Mulvenna said...

Awesome gift idea! I know exactly what you mean about being interrupted by those little angels...at least sewing is something that you can (mostly) come back to after taking a break!

Karen said...

I love seeing the "snow" falling on your blog!

Kimberly said...

Very beautiful.

Very.

Hint, hint.

Stephanie D said...

I love this fabric! And what a great gift!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. What a great Christmas present. Your mother must have been so happy.