Thursday, December 3, 2009

Courthouse Steps Variation & Finals

Busy week ahead, finals are finally here! I'm nervous and excited...my first semester back has quickly come to an end. Next semester will be even harder, with more challenges in work as well as in making my life work around it. The girls are beginning to adjust to the idea of Mommy going to school, and my youngest is finally becoming comfortable with preschool. I think the hardest part of all this is praying and hoping that we are making the best decisions for our children...and that all of this will in a few short years benefit them. *Fingers Crossed*

Studied for four hours this evening and decided to take a little sewing break. I purchased a honey bun from Green Fairy Quilts that arrived today, and I couldn't wait to start cutting it up and sewing. It's a courthouse steps variation that I think looks kinda neat. I'm not sure if this has a different block name but I recently saw some blocks like this with a solid center block and thought I would try some.

Also tea stained an old table cloth the other day. It didn't come out grubby enough for me so I'm going to look online for something to antique it further with. I'm contemplating cutting it up into individual cloth napkins or something like that. Still not sure.

That's all for now...wish me luck next week! ;)

5 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Seeing Mommy furthering her education, and studying and working hard, is definitely a good thing for children. You are setting a great example there, and showing them the importance of education.

Karen said...

Courthouse steps makes a neat log cabin block. I like the fabrics you are using for this.

Anonymous said...

Hi Val, love the colours you have used in the courthouse steps....when I tea dye fabric...I use Parisen Essence in hot water....Warm Regards Lyn

Stephanie D said...

I like Courthouse steps blocks--even though I've never made one. It's on my list. Yours is going to be really pretty!

Molly said...

Hi Valerie, great to hear that school is going well! :) I love your Courthouse Steps blocks...beautiful! When I want to age something, I usually end up using coffee that I put some vanilla in...works well and smells yummy too!
:)