Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 28th Garden Pictures

Well last night was a fun night at the quilt guild. I think it was one of my favorite meetings yet. One of the ladies brought in the owner of a local historic home, well known as being part of the underground railroad in our area. She brought in an old quilt and told us about the history of the underground railroad in the home and our town. I love history, and even more I love learning history of this town, because I grew up here, and love it here. To go along with the theme we watched a good portion of Eleanor Burn's Underground Railroad dvd, and a lady from the guild brought in her Eleanor Burn's Underground Railroad sampler quilt. It was gorgeous, and a lot of fun and inspiration. I haven't been able to go to any of the guilds in a while, because summer means softball, and I am pretty much a single parent until the end of the season! Lol* But now that Hubby's home again I am excited to get to enjoy fun programs like this one...and I'm getting SUPER excited about the program coming in September!!! It's going to be Bonnie Hunter! I have been waiting and waiting for this. I love Bonnie's quilts. I have only made one, but I have drooled over many! Lol* I have blogged about it in the past, but I love her scrap system, and have converted a good chunk of my stash using it. They have come in handy for so many projects.

I haven't done much sewing lately, but did start this mini-stitchery...


See? Proof that there is still some craftiness in me, waiting for the cool weather! Lol* In the mean time, here are some garden pictures from this morning.
Weeds...oh the weeds! I do love this weedy patch of black eyed susans and echinacea though...

I thought all of these snap dragon seeds were eaten by birds! But look who decided to pop up fromthe weeds...


Zinnias...I think it's safe to say these are my favorite annuals from seed...I planted at least 8 packs this year. Here's one little clump of cut and come again's.
Purple and pink phlox going to town...I love these...

Oh...and I notice too that I'm nearing 100 posts on this new blog! Lol* I guess that means we're getting close to a little celebratory giveaway... :)

3 comments:

Terry said...

What a cute stitchery! Your flowers are lovely...I think purple coneflowers and black-eyed susans are some of my favorite perennials! Enjoy your day! :0)

donna said...

I don't know anything about quilting but I like your enthusiasm about it. Snap dragons are on my list of favorites. I plant some every year.

Chloe m said...

Hello,
I really enjoyed this post, your coneflowers are doing really great!
I also wish I had patience to start a sewing project this winter. What would be something that would not frustrate a non-sewer like me?
Rosey