Friday, July 10, 2009

Before, I only thought I had a problem...

...but now, I know I do.

I don't even know where I am going to put this. LOL* We don't have a very large house, and who knows, I might just have a really good yard sale in a few years! ;) I am actually embarassed that I could not control myself, and I bought another sewing machine. LOL* It's just an old singer from probably, what, the 40's? The cabinet is nothing to write home about, but it's so pretty, and I worry that these are popping up everywhere because their long time owners are passing away and in a few years they might be harder to find. So now my daughters have a nostalgic beauty to learn to how to sew on. It's like the machine is pouting at me, saying, "Valerie...please take me home, please love me." I do love you sewing machine, I do. :)


I also found a couple other sewing related treasures. Some old needlebooks filled with needles, and an old Dritz sewing basket.


Now all I need, is to do some actual SEWING! Lol*

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you loud and clear about where to put all the treasures we love so much. I've had to do some shoveling about to get another treadle in myself. At least we know they are in good homes! LOL

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I need a sewing table. Your treasures are wonderful. I should be looking for more stuff like that.

Pat said...

Those sure are wonderful finds! I hear you about not having enough room, though. *sigh*

Mumzie said...

Another nice find! Wow, you really have an eye for finding these beauties. Perhaps, you should start a business collecting and relocating them, to new homes. Very nice. Mumzie

Chloe m said...

I have a rule, If I buy something, I get rid of something. I buy a lot less now. But sometimes I can't resist.
Rosey

Stephanie D said...

I think I need to find your neighborhood and buy a machine or two--there are too many quilters and antiques dealers around here and I can never find one.

That's what comes from living in a tourist area!

Of course, like you, I really don't have a place for another machine.

Tammy said...

What great finds! I have too many machines also (blush blush) but love them all!

Karen said...

It looks like my mother's sewing machine and I hope it's not. The reason I say that is I hauled it from Florida to my sister in southern Ohio because she had asked for it after my mother passed away. I had it quite a while before I finally took it to her. The machine wasn't much but it had sentimental value. Oh well, if it is hers, you will be a good care taker.

Teresa said...

I have a very similar looking Singer but I have never tried to actually sew on it. Have you tried on this one?

Anonymous said...

I found a card of "antique" needles and they are so much nicer to use than the new ones that have been mass produced. Those old machines are just so hard not to give a new home too. I recently added a crank singer machine to my collection.