Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Playing in EQ6 & Tooting 'round with Toys

I managed to find a little time to play with my new toy. It took me some time to learn how to wind a bobbin on it. If you remember this fabric then you must be a good friend of mine - because I posted about this project a very long time ago. I discovered something crucial when working with jellyrolls...don't pre-wash them. That's my recommendation anyhow. The 2 1/2 inch strips lose about 1/4 an inch with washing...and there aren't many patterns that call for 2 1/4 inch strips!!! I have plans for these, what are at the moment four patches. But you can bet it will be something very simple because the math is going to be horrendous. I don't like math when it's easy!

Also I want to thank Arlene, for the very nice package that arrived here the day before yesterday. I am constantly amazed at the generosity of quilters. I had asked her some time ago where I might be able to get my hands on a pattern she had. Not only did she copy and mail me the pattern (all the way to the States from the UK), but she sent me two delicious quilting magazines and a beautiful hand made ornament. I adore everything you gave me Arlene, and will never part with any of it! :) Thank you!


I also am going to be tracking a few things in the sidebar for 2009. I've attempted this before, but am going to try and really keep myself motivated this year. I thought it'd be fun to track how much fabric I buy and use during the year. A lot of you have done this in an effort to stashbust, but I just thought it'd be fun.

I've also drawn up a few quilts in EQ that I will keep track of on the sidebar. This is to help motivate me to actually MAKE them! I gave a lot of thought over the past year to starting up a little pattern business, and I have finally come to the decision that, with hoping to have more children in the next few years, I just don't have the time right now to give such an endeavor the attention it deserves. I still have a lot of learning to do on the quilting front, and maybe something will be in my charts for the future. For now, I'd love to share my little quilt ideas with you, and as I go I'll share instructions. Be prepared that some of these draw ups may change if I get too frustrated with them! LOL* If you'd like to make any of them with me, please let me know, it'll make my day. :) The only thing I ask is that you don't steal the idea, change the colors, then try to sell the pattern for profit. Here are two favorites that I will be working on first...

Oh and last but not least I'll be tracking the the ever popular "completed projects" list that I usually only finish one or two items from. Now, if I were smart, I'd keep a UFO list, because then I'd look like I am a much busier quilter than I am! :)
I hope everyone has a Happy New Year! :)

5 comments:

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Love the qulits you drew up. I'd love to try the big star one. Great way to use up some of my strip scraps.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I laughed when I saw your Stash counter on the side. O and O. LOLOL
The two quilts your making this coming year are great!!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Four Smiles said...

Love the Quilts that you will be working on, I alos laughed when I saw your stash counter for 2009!
Happy New Year to you and your family. Cheers Erica

rachel griffith said...

love your eq6 quilts.
:D

happy new year!!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Pam that star/log cabin/maple leaf quilt is my favorite I've seen in a long time! Can't wait to see it made up. blessings, marlene