Monday, December 29, 2008

Cathedral Windows and Some Goodies

Remember the cathedral window experiment? I continued on to make a few more windows. I think this may possibly become a pillow, if I ever get motivated to complete it. Now I'm just itching to make a full sized quilt! :) I have found I really enjoy handwork.

Also, a few weeks before Christmas my Husband went to an auction and picked me up this beautiful sewing table, for only $2! The Kenmore that originally came with it on pins was beyond repair, so we scrapped it and my Dad put in a shelf so that I could put a new machine in the table. I have set it up so that it is always ready for free-motion quilting, and when I'm not using it I us the table to display some of my projects. I'm so excited with it!

The day before yesterday my Mom and I took a trip to a nearby town to visit their much larger Jo Ann Fabrics store. I recieved a few gift cards that were burning a hole in my pocket! So here are some of what I picked up...



6 comments:

Four Smiles said...

Hi there, I just adore your cathedral windows WOW! Thought I'd pop in and say hi,I have changed my blog over to blogger and am slowly updating things since our little girl was born (Iused to be quiltingscraps on wordpress). Hope your mom is doing ok. cheers Erica

StitchinByTheLake said...

The Cathedral Windows is gorgeous - I've not ever tackled that pattern but maybe someday. What a perfect use for the sewing machine cabinet! blessings, marlene

Angela said...

You gotta finish this up. It is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

The cabinet seems perfect for free motion quilting, lucky you for your find. Those are some very pretty fabrics. I'm another who hasn't tried cathedral windows. They sure do look pretty.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Your catherdal windows are looking very pretty...I, too, haven't tried those yet!

You will find it easier to do your FMQ when you have an area designated for it...very lucky you!

and your yummy fabrics make me want to head to JAF and forget about stashbusting! :)

Anonymous said...

Your cathedal window is beautiful. I have a cathedral window quilt in progress. I should get it out and let everyone see it. And I guess I should finish it. LOL