Saturday, December 13, 2008

Lots of Things :)

Please forgive me for being a lousy blogger lately. Many things have been contributing to my absence.



My Mother has been battling with her health. Thursday she had a very mild stroke, and My Father and I spent the night in the hospital with her, to make sure she'd be ok. She woke up Thursday morning, and her speech was garbled and she had difficulty walking. She is now home and though her speech is a bit slower than it used to be, they say with some therapy it should become much better, if not very close to what was normal for her. This was not her first stroke, so her speech was a bit slower to begin with. Walking is still a little bit difficult, she says she can get around well with a cart at the store, so I imagine her cane will be much more necessary than it once was for her. We are all so greatful that she is ok, and that it wasn't a more severe stroke.



On a less serious note, a good bloggy friend of mine Holly @ Fabric Mom nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger award. Thank you! That was so sweet! We met through a sewing group on Myspace, when we both decided to start blogs and have been keeping up with each other ever since. Holly (a.k.a. Fabric Mom) is a very inspiring quilter, and if you haven't yet you have to stop by her blog!




By accepting the award I am asked to nominate 5 other bloggers, and since I read, literally, hundreds of blogs, I'll choose a few of my favorites, and a few of my friends. :)


Stitched with Love - Leah is who inspred me to start blogging! We met through an Yahoo! quilting group that I used to be a part of. Unfortunately the group became more than I could keep up with, but I've been following her blog, and inspired by her quilts for years now! :)


The Country Cellar - I love Angela's blog. She just inspires the heck out of me. Everytime she posts, it makes me want to go sew! :)


Zannah and Zippy - A very inspiring and generous blogger. I love the neat little wallhangings she's been making. :)


Bluebird Quilts - Lynn has fabulous style and is just the kindest blogger. You have to visit her blog. :)


Quilt in Me - Takako is the kindest quilter, also with great primitive style. She is a fellow Ohioan and a favorite of my bloggy reads. :)


I know some of you may not have time to play along, but if you do then I'll be anxious to see your choices. :) I love meeting and being inspired by bloggers, and I have learned so much from all of you!


My digital camera is on the fritz, so I hope to have pictures for you soon. I've been sewing, and I want to share! :)

5 comments:

Leah Spencer said...

Aww... thanks for the mention! :) And I'm looking forward to seeing your latest works.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for having me in your nomination! You are my inspiration and encouragement, too! Thanks!

Hope your mom will feel better and recover soon.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your mom. I will being saying prayers for all of you. Thank you for the very kind words. Have a great Christmas.

Juryizstillout said...

I'm sorry your mom has been so ill.

I'll pray for you both.

Fabricmom said...

Just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas.