Friday, July 24, 2015

Modern Dear Jane in Progress

Today I'm finishing up chores around the house and spending the day working on Rusty's Dear Jane...it is so very modern and bright!


I am using one layer of batt provided by Rusty - I believe it's Hobbs 80/20 - Glide thread for quilting.  I thought about using monopoly in all of the color patches but I'm not a fan of the shine it creates.


After working on these blocks (I believe there are more than a 100 of them) - I think I'll be able to get away with solid black only.  I am loving this quilt...I have never wanted to make a Dear Jane so badly as I do now after seeing it in this rainbow colorway!



*cough cough*  Just a reminder that I may have something to help you make your own rainbow quilt...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/241447170/kona-cotton-solids-skinny-strips-roll?ref=shop_home_active_7
Kona Solids Skinny Roll - $24 ($4 shipping anywhere in the US)



Psssst...also if you follow me (pumpkinpatchquilter) on Instagram - you'll find a code for free shipping!

2 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Ohhh wow...this is bright and very pretty! I hand quilted one of these a few years back...big job, but beautiful quilt
Love your work!!!!!

Leeanne said...

funky and bright......great quilting.