Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Peggy's Quilt - Finished!!


I finished Peggy's quilt last week and it really turned out lovely - if I do say so myself!!  :)  I am very proud of the finished quilting.  I did miss a tiny little patch - it wasn't in the mock up but I saw that it needed quilting after looking at the photos - and the real downside was the client saw it too!!  ACK!  The very first thing she pointed out before I even showed her the quilt.  Well, I am only human.  LOL!  I will from now on be double and triple checking work though - I try so hard to do as perfect a quilting as I can, how embarrassing!  I offered to fix it but she didn't care to wait - I don't blame her.  Despite the small patch I think the quilting really turned out lovely.  She said she was very pleased with what I did so that was great to hear as I really do spend much time with each and every quilt making every attempt to do my very best work.


Below is a little before/after side by side which I never do but should share more.  It's kind of cool to see the quilt before quilting...and then come to life with detail.  I think that is the coolest part of the quilting process.


It has been a full and busy summer so far, I can hardly believe it is the middle of June.  I have to say being able to get out and run around outside with the kids has been wonderful.  I'm doing great with my healthy eating kick - I've lost 7 pounds and incidentally the family has lost a little poundage as well.  I have even kicked my non-stop all day diet coke habit.  This was NOTHING less than a HERCULEAN task!!!  I am still drinking a cup of coffee a day but it's a far cry from the four cups I was drinking over the winter.  I've also been slowly but surely weeding out processed food and just about everything we eat is home made.  I'm stuck on my whole wheat tortilla wraps though even with the hydrogenated soybean oil in them.  Once I feel good enough I'd like to try making them at home.

I hope everyone out there in blogland is having a wonderful summer so far!  I haven't been visiting the blogs as regularly as part of my "get your butt off the computer" campaign!!  LOL  Happy Quilting!  :)

2 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You are getting closer to mine...giggle. Getting a little excited to see your ideas.

Michele said...

Nice work and congrats on the weight loss so far. I know it always feels good to do something for yourself.