Saturday, November 16, 2013

Cindy's Quilt

Cindy's quilt finished!  I'm feeling on a roll.  :)  I'm having a good time too!  Just a handful of quilts before I'm on a break for 2013...and I can't say I'm not looking forward to it.  I have so many of my own projects on hold that I'm looking forward to working on!


Cindy's quilt made of Fig Tree Quilts fabric turned out so pretty...and I have found there is nothing that shows off quilting better than afternoon sun...


A project the Husband and I will be working on in the upcoming year will hopefully be to move my long arm over to the North facing wall of this room so I will have the sunnier areas for photography!!!  I'm looking forward to that...


We went with simpler quilting for this quilt - though I adore feathers - simply because of all the busy prints and I knew anything more complicated wouldn't show.  I love this fabric and have a big bag of it partially sewn into a quilt somewhere in my sewing room!!


Cindy sent me a new batting to try out that I've never quilted on before...a nice thick cotton and it really did quilt up lovely.  VERY linty though, as with all cottons, but this quilt is going to keep somebody very warm!  Good thing with winter just around the corner.


This week I'll be loading up and finishing another of Laura's quilts!  :)

4 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Wonderful job on the quilting....

Michele said...

Nice, nice!

Sewing Junkie said...

Looks great. Some batts work and others are disappointing

Clare M said...

I just love your stockings, they are truly beautiful. I look forward to seeing the lace on the other side.