Friday, August 23, 2013

Linda's Quilt - Finished!


I finished Linda's quilt last night - I just adore how it turned out!  She sent me a photograph of a medallion style quilting job she had seen and asked me to design something similar, but with a thread that blended.  So this is what we came up with!


It's really amazing in that the quilting on the front adds lovely texture, but doesn't take away from her piecing.  The back is like a whole cloth quilt!









I really enjoyed quilting this one.  I used Invisafil by Wonderfil for the first time and really like how it sewed up.  It's pricey but very effective.  Thank you Linda for trusting me with another of your beautiful quilts!  :)

7 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

Looks fantastic. Every finish is one more feather in your cap. Chris

Linda said...

Shoot, I just typed a message and I don't think it went through. But I'm thrilled with the look of this quilt and I'm looking forward having it here to gaze on. Thanks for working so hard with me on the design. I look forward to our next project together!

Michele said...

Wow! Just wow!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just spectacular, well done to both of you.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Well; Linda is certainly going to be very pleased with this quilt. You did one stunning job with the quilting!! I wish I could machine quilt like this. Gorgeous!!

Laura said...

Wow, you do such fabulous quilting Valerie!

Patsy said...

Your feathers are gorgeous!!! Linda is one lucky person!