Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Slow Start to the Week

I am really enjoying my time on Etsy, I have to say.  If you have ever wanted to sell your crafts or quilts but never found the right venue, it's a wonderful place to sell and shop alike.  Because I am a stay at home Momma I have a little more freedom than a working Mom in that I can stay in my pj's all day and make little things while my daughter is napping.  It can be a s-l-o-w process with lots of interruptions, but fun none the less.  I find it very difficult with my lifestyle of taking care of a baby all day, taking children to sports and activities after school, and then doing all that you must do to keep children fed, clean, dressed, and ready for another day of school and preparing for craft shows.  So Etsy allows me to make what I can make when I can make it.  Boy has the world changed, where you can sell your crafts from home - but what a WONDERFUL thing!

On the sewing front it's been a slow start.  A very nice woman requested another little quilted spiderweb topper so I made her this...


...I have materials to make a couple more so I am going to get on that today.  I have so many ideas for little things I would like to make, but the baby is teething and coming down with a little cold so cuddling with Emma has taken up a lot of my time.  You know a crabby baby just needs a lot of snuggling!  My favorite thing this time of year is watching the spooky ghosty shows and cuddling up with the kiddos under a blanket.  So off we go.  :)  Hopefully at naptime I get some sewing done!

2 comments:

Behind My Picket Fence said...

Sad to say, I haven't been blog hopping much recently but I love your new look.
Your spider webs look perfect - & perfectly adorable. Anyway, I can see why your things are selling - you do great work.

Superior Threads said...

What a great table topper. Your spiderwebs are perfect! I hope Emma gets her new teeth soon.

Ricci