Saturday, September 10, 2011

Quilted Spiderwebs Mini-Tutorial


Playing with spiderwebs...eek!  Lol*  Can you believe Halloween is right around the corner?  The girls keep coming up to the sewing machine as I work on this to feel the spiderwebs and comment on the candy corn...kind of makes me hungry!  ;)  Here's a little mini-photo tutorial on how I created the webs...I think they are so cute!

Start by creating lines through your block.  I began with an X from corner to corner.  Then trace back over the lines and create another line going through the center of the block.  You can go back and make another line going through the block if you want to, but I left it at this.  ;)


Now make swooping lines connecting the straight lines you made...creating the spiderweb effect...


Continue connecting lines all the way around until you have filled the entire block with web...


...and now you have a spiderweb!


I did swirls in the candy corn for additional cuteness.  ;)


3 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the tutorial...I am just now venturing out and trying free motion quilting. I have a Halloween UFO from last year and I think I will try the spider web!!! Love yours by the way :)

Kimberly said...

That's awesome! Another perfect finish :)

save a marriage said...

Spiderweb, It is perfect finishing. I done birds and other insects work, this same way. Your tutorial helps me lot. I will share my work soon.