Tuesday, April 28, 2009

In difficult times...


I can so relate to this situation.

While reading blogs this afternoon I came across a post about a woman who's made a quilt she will be donating/giving away to raise money for her Husband's open heart surgery. It breaks my heart that I am even writing a post of this sort, because I am baffled and amazed that in this wonderful, beautiful country I have been so fortunate enough to live my entire life, there are still so many people who do not get the medical care they need and deserve...because it is too expensive. This hits very close to home for me. I don't like to be too opinionated or political, because that is not the purpose of this blog, but I tell you there is just no reason good enough in my opinion that a family should have to live in fear of not being able to afford life saving medical treatment for someone they love. It just doesn't seem right.

In any case, please pop over to this blog and if you want to, and can afford to, donate. I hope someone might do the same for me if ever I am in need. :)

2 comments:

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Thanks for sharing about this need, nice to be able to help each other in need.

Lilly said...

What a beautiful quilt and such a sad story. This shouldn't happen in our country. Thank you for bringing this to our attention...