Thursday, April 23, 2015

A Few More Appliqué Blocks

I finished a few more appliqué blocks on Darlene's floral appliqué quilt yesterday.  This quilt really is a joy to work on.  I have had a lot of questions about the pattern - it's called "Feels Like Spring" by Smith Street Designs.  It's an embroidery pattern - meaning you'll need to have an embroidery machine to create it...and after seeing all of the beautiful flower details that can be created I have to say an embroidery machine is on my Christmas list already!  The lily of the valley block below is my favorite of the entire quilt...




I have Darlene's quilt scheduled through the end of April and although I've been a madwoman getting quilts completed these past few weeks, I'm certainly feeling almost 9 months pregnant and am taking my time with this one.

I had a bit of a long and exhausting weekend and yet another coming up this weekend.  Baby Dr. appointments are now two weeks apart now and honestly, though I know they are good for baby and me both, they are a total inconvenience!  LOL  We have a busy schedule as it is and I'm so grateful I have a Husband who likes to come with me.  So we go on his days off but it is out of town and right now they mainly just measure my tummy and check her heartbeat.  I think my appointment coming up this week I will have another ultrasound to get an idea for how much she weighs - so that I am really looking forward to.

Just a few more weeks - I have a scheduled cesarean planned for the end of May, so a few more quilting posts and then hopefully I'll be able to share some photos of our newest little addition!  :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rejoicing with you...all! Your schedule would exhaust even the non-pregnant person!!! LOL! The Lily of the Valley is by far my fave (my all-time fave flower for a long time!). Hugs comin' at ya.......

Leeanne said...

More stunning quilting!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It's gorgeous - lily of the valley is May's birth flower, how coincidental.

Michele said...

It really is gorgeous and I'm looking forward to seeing the finish.

Lara B. said...

Being this far along sure doesn't seem to be slowing you down Valerie. Your work is as beautiful as it always is!