Saturday, September 7, 2013

I'm Pretty Sure I have ADD

The title pretty much says it all.  I'm pretty sure I have ADD.  Un-diagnosed ADD.  Self diagnosed ADD.  In any case I can't keep my mind on one thing to save my life.  Today I started this project...


I'm playing with the whole idea of making art quilts in the style of my paintings.  I want to do some actual painting on fabric but I'm broke!  I spent all of my fun money on supplies for my show quilt and now I need to get quilting to fund the rest of the quilt and Christmas.  (This is probably not the best business model, I know.  I'm in it for passion not profit people.  Though a profit would be nice!)


I don't know why the photos of my sketches came  out so - digitized!?!  They look really cool though don't they?


In any case this whole thing is actually for a blog hop I'm going to be in using batiks.  I was going to just make a dragonfly but then I had to get carried away and do more.  Because that's what I do.  LOL


The dragonfly wasn't enough so I added a sun and now I need to add a girl.  Me fifteen years ago?  Maybe.  A thinner, younger me.  Possibly a Hindu me because she does have a bindi.  :)


I sketched out the sun and the dragonfly in the same manner and assigned each section a number - I just forgot to take pictures of those.  I did make some changes as I went to make pieces that would be easier to turn the fabric under.  After assigning each piece a number I traced it onto freezer paper, then using the freezer paper as templates cut the pieces out of fabric.


I still need to turn under the tiny hair pieces today.  Everything but the girl is from batik fabric.  I'm thinking I'm going to play with shading her and her hair in a bit with my Shiva Paintstiks.  If I don't get side tracked that is.  :)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sidetracked????? Inspired to wander???? Light bulb moments run amuck????? Choose any or all of the previous statements!!! I totally understand!! When IT strikes, one MUST go with it!!!! Hugs......

Sewing Junkie said...

ADD...Attention Detail Diva LOL

julieQ said...

Don't worry, Valerie...I think we all have ADD to a certain extent...it is just your creative mind talking! Gorgeous idea, by the way!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It's not ADD, just creativity flowing. Lovely piece in progress.

Nina Marie said...

First of all - most quilters work horizontally rather than vertically through projects - so if you're ADD you're in good company! I think I'm one of the few I know that work through one project at a time. Secondly - the thin Hindu girl is wonderful - I think she's a thinner non Christian version of me - LOL! I mean who doesn't want to be thin and have lovely flowing hair - grin! AND if you need any supplies or anything - give a yell - I have all sorts of stuff stashed here! Now I have two projects to keep an eye on!

Michele said...

Don't you know that ADD means ADD MORE FABRIC to your stash? It looks great so far.