Monday, September 9, 2013

A Visit by Suzi Parron and Women's Art Retreat with Sandy Sheleberger

Two wonderful things happening near me that I thought I would share with those of you who are in the Northeast Ohio or surrounding areas!

My quilt guild, the Ashtabula Friendly Quilters, are hosting an evening lecture with Suzi Parron, author of Barn Quilts and the American Quilt Trail Movement, on September 23rd at 7pm in Saybrook, Ohio.  Suzi is going to be talking about her adventures and sharing some of the history of barn quilts.  This event is free an open to the public, we would love for you to join us!


Also I wanted to share that my talented friend Sandy Shelenberger is hosting a Women's Art Retreat September 27th through 29th in Austinburg, Ohio.  Sandy is a published and nationally recognized fiber artist - see some of her current works in Fiberart International 2013.  (She's pretty stinkin' fun to be around to boot!)  Spend three days with her exploring encaustic wax techniques and relaxing in a creative atmosphere.  She only has THREE spaces left so hurry and sign up!!









4 comments:

I Quilt Scarlet and Gray said...

Valerie,

I have put the Barn Quilts presentation on my calendar. Hope to meet you that night!!

Darlene

Laura said...

Suzi was at our guild last month and she was wonderful.

Deb A said...

Lucky you! Have fun.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Darlene, you're a no-reply gal and I always want to respond to you! :) I look forward to meeting you too!!! :)