Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Word Verification Rant - Happy Halloween!

I'm starting think this whole word verification thing has gotten out of hand - what do you think? 

So often I attempt to leave a comment on a favorite blog and type what I think is the correct set of letters followed by or following a set of numbers and then - BAM!!!

"The letters you entered did not match the verification, please try again." 

I try again.

BAM!!!

"The letters you entered did not match the verification, please try again."

One more time...

BAM!!!

OH the heck with it I give up!  Moving on...

OH MY GOODNESS.  Just think how many comments I would have left if I had not given up after three failed attempts.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I have noticed a steady decline in comments over the years and I wonder how much these verifications have to do with it.  I truly don't get much spam without them - maybe I should abandon it altogether?  What do you think?  Have any of you dropped the word verification from your blogs?

Well, no verification required, it's Halloween!!!  For about 45 more minutes - ha!  I got a late start...  ;)

Hope you had a great day!


No comments: